This course is specifically designed for those who seek to learn to the skills and knowledge required to service and repair bicycles.
There are 3 main pathways to gain this qualification.
1.This qualification can be gained through a traineeship (similar to an apprenticeship). This is where an employer takes on an employee and provides the training in their workplace. Employers may receive financial incentives for traineeships. Click here for more information on this pathway or contact our office. This Australian Apprenticeship is designed to provide people who are entering the Bicycle Industry or who already work in the industry with specialist Bicycle Repair skills and qualifications.
2. This qualification may be gained through attending workshops and classes which will provide you with the bicycle service and repair skills.
Participants will be required check eligibility under Smart & Skilled
3. RPL and gap training pathway. This is designed for those working as bicycle mechanics and are seeking a way to get your skills recognised.
Participants will be required to complete an applicationfor RPL and provide evidence that you operate within a safe working environment, possess good customer contact and communication skills and will be able to undertake servicing and repairs of bikes including servicing and repairing components from all bicycle systems including wheels, tyres, suspension, steering, drivetrains, brakes, frames and accessories.
To obtain a RPL package, please contact our office.
The course can be structured to meet the needs of the student and specific enterprise and be either mechanical specific or include some sales electives.
This vocation can provide numerous career paths including:
- Specialising as a Qualified Bicycle Mechanic
- Supervision or Management of a Retail Bicycle Business
Further study options include qualifications in Sales or Training and Assessing.
To estimate your fee for a traineeship or smart & skilled pathway go to
For a recognition and gap training fee for service pathway please contact the office for a RPL pack.
Associated course costs:
- You will be provided with all necessary workbooks, instructional videos and reference material to complete your course
How to enrol
Please contact the office of 5 Star Training & Consulting to discuss the most suitable pathway or download the application for RPL.
For further information regarding this course, please contact: